About Boardroom Partners
Why Use A Third Party For Recruitment? [Updated]
Typical Board Review
Typical Board Search
Suggestions for Preliminary Discussion Around the Requirements of a Search Process [NEW]
Selecting an Independent Non-Executive Director: Questions for the Board [NEW]
Selecting an Independent Non-Executive Director: Questions for the Candidate [NEW]
Best Practice Papers
The Role of the Board
The Role of the Non Executive Chairman (NEC)
If you would like a hard copy of any of our research papers please e-mail us and we will send you out a copy.
Papers are available on:
- Board Review: Assessing Board Performance in Australia (2002),
- Board Composition and Performance (2003) Practices of the Top 200 ASX listed companies,
- Reviewing the Performance of the Board (2004) Practices of the Top 200 ASX listed
- Women Step Up the Boardroom Ladder (2006) A research paper examining the participation and progression of female non-executive directors in the ASX 200, click here to download the paper
- A Changing Profile (2007) A research paper considering the experiences and opinions of ASX200 company directors aged 50 or under. click here to download the paper
The professional body in Australia for company directors in the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
and there is a wealth of information on their website about current issues for directors. They also prepare on online journal for members.
The Australian Institute of Management is based in North Sydney and has many resources available to members, as well as a great bookshop that includes a large selection of material on board operations and governance matters in general.
Chartered Secretaries Australia, the professional body for Company Secretaries offers ongoing training and development programmes. Accreditation as an Associate (ACIS) or Fellow (FCIS) is obtained by completing the Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance.
Chief Executive Women is a not for profit organization of 120 women leaders in Australia. Many of these women sit on boards and others may be available to be considered. A full description of CEW members’ skill sets and availability is on the website.
The University of Technology, Sydney, has a Centre for Corporate Governance that is involved in research of board practice in Australia. See the University website for details of current projects.
CPA Australia offers a service to their members to include CV details on a database for consideration as non-executive directors. Read more about this service on the website.